Resources Available to All Residents
- Request evacuation maps from the Brooktrails District office or fire department.
- Register with Mendocino County Sheriff for reverse 911 and Nixle notifications of evacuations.
- Complete a SFC SafetyNet application for incident notices.
- Purchase a Cal-Fire approved address sign for your residence.
- Check with Brooktrails FD to see if equipment might be available to other subdivisions for fire safety projects.
- Contact and give PGE permission to aggressively remove brush and trees around wires on your property.
- Learn what grants and programs might be available to reduce the fuel load in your neighborhood.
Brooktrails Township Projects
- Check with Brooktrails FD to learn more about what active fire prevention measures are currently being funded.
- Attend BTCSD Board Meetings to learn of recent grant applications, sharing of chipper programs or brush clearing support.
- Volunteer to work as a SFC Neighborhood Coordinators to create safer and more fire resilient neighborhoods and share resources and communication information.
- Offer to assist SFC in building the SafetyNet for early incident warnings that may affect the Sherwood Corridor.
- Volunteer to work on the SFC scanner team. Even one shift per month is a help!
- Attend monthly SFC meetings the 2nd Thursday of each month from 6-8 at the BTCSD Community Center to receive updates on resources, emergency exit routes and other current projects.
- Join the team to be trained as a CERT volunteer, take the ham radio training to become licensed.