Resources Available to All Residents
- Request evacuation maps from the Brooktrails District office or fire department.
- Register with Mendocino County Sheriff for reverse 911 and Nixle notifications of evacuations.
- Complete a SFC SafetyNet application for incident notices.
- Purchase a Cal-Fire approved address sign for your residence.
- Check with Brooktrails FD to see if equipment might be available to other subdivisions for fire safety projects.
- Contact and give PGE permission to aggressively remove brush and trees around wires on your property.
- Learn what grants and programs might be available to reduce the fuel load in your neighborhood.
Brooktrails Township Projects
- Check with Brooktrails FD to learn more about what active fire prevention measures are currently being funded.
- Attend BTCSD Board Meetings to learn of recent grant applications, sharing of chipper programs or brush clearing support.
- Offer to assist SFC in building the SafetyNet for early incident warnings that may affect the Sherwood Corridor.
- Volunteer to work on the SFC scanner team. Even one shift per month is a help!
- Attend quarerly SFC meetings to receive updates on resources, emergency exit routes and other current projects. SFC meetings have updates on active Mendocino County projects affecting the residents of the Sherwood Corridor.
- Join the team to be trained as a CERT volunteer, take the ham radio training to become licensed.